HP DL580 G5 Motherboard
Only authorized technicians trained by HP should attempt to remove the system board. If you believe the system board requires replacement. contact HP Technical Support before proceeding.
Removing HP DL580 G5 Motherboard
- Power down the server
- Remove all media drives and media drive blanks
- Remove all hard drives and hard drive blanks.
- Remove all memory boards and memory board blanks.
- Remove the processor module.
- Extend or remove the server from the rack.
- Remove the access panel.
- Remove the media board.
- Remove the SCSI backplane.
- Remove all system fans.
- Remove all expansion boards.
- Remove the PCI-X Hot Plug basket.
- Disconnect the cable from the PCI-X Hot Plug mezzanine board, if installed.
- Remove the system cage.
- Unlock the latch and open the lever.
- Using the lever, lift the system board slightly, and slide the system board out through the back of the server.
Installing HP DL580 G5 System Board
- Align the HP DL580 G5 Motherboard on the tray, and tighten the thumbscrew to secure it.
- Open each of the processor locking levers in the order indicated, and then open the processor retaining bracket.
- Install the processor. Verify that the processor is fully seated in the processor retaining bracket by visually inspecting the processor installation guides on either side of the processor. THE PINS ON THE SYSTEM BOARD ARE VERY FRAGILE AND EASILY DAMAGED.
- Close the processor retaining bracket. When the processor is installed properly inside the processor
- Retaining bracket, the processor retaining bracket clears the flange on the front of the socket.
- Press and hold the processor retaining bracket in place, and then close each processor locking lever.
- Press only in the area indicated on the processor retaining bracket.
- Install the processor socket cover onto the processor socket of the failed system board.
- Clean the old thermal grease from the heatsink and the top of the processor with the alcohol swab.
- Allow the alcohol to evaporate before continuing.
- Apply all the grease to the top of the processor in the following pattern to ensure even distribution
- Remove the thermal interface protective cover from the heatsink
- Installs the heatsink, aligning the guide pins and cutouts on the front of the heatsink
- Installs all components removed from the failed system board.
- Install the access panel
- Slide the server into the rack.
- Connect each power cord to the server.
- Connect each power cord to the power source.
- Power up the server.