Dell Poweredge SC1430 Motherboard
Removing the System Board
Turn off the system and attached peripherals, and disconnect the system from the electrical outlet.
Removes the system cover.
Rotate the hard-drive carrier out of the system.
Removes the processor access door assembly.
- Remove the green screw that attaches the processor access door assembly to the system board and to the system chassis.
- Lift to remove the processor access door assembly from the system.
Removes the card and front fans.
Disconnect the following cables from the system board.
• Two power-supply cables from the POWER1 and POWER2 connectors
• If applicable, diskette data cable from the DSKT connector
• I/O panel cable from the FRONT PANEL connector
• 5.25-inch device data cable from the IDE connector
• Memory cooling fan cable from the FAN_MEM connector
• If applicable, data cable(s) from the SATA connector(s)
Remove all expansion cards and any attached cables.
Remove all memory modules.
Removes the processors. Using a #2 Phillips screwdriver, remove the nine system board mounting screws that secure the system board to the chassis. Carefully route any loose cables away from the edges of the system board. Gently slide the system board toward the front of the systems, then lift the system board up and out of the chassis. Place the system board on a flat, non-conductive surface.
Installing Dell Poweredge SC1430 Motherboard
- Lower the system board into the chassis, aligning the I/O ports on the system board with the I/O connector openings on the back panel of the chassis.
- Using a #2 Phillips screwdriver, install the nine screws on the system board that secure it to the chassis. Install the processors.
- Install the memory modules in the same sockets from which they were removed.
- Reinstall the processor access door assembly, using the green screw to attach it to the system board and system chassis.
- Install the expansion cards and connect any cables.
- Connect the cables that you removed
- Reinstall the card and front fans.
- Rotate the hard-drive carrier back into the system.
- Close the system.
- Reconnect the system to the electrical outlet, and turn on the system.