HP DL360p Gen8 Motherboard Removing
Be sure you are using the correct spare part. The HP ProLiant DL360p Gen8 Server ships with one of two different system boards that each use specific processors and heatsinks. To identify the proper system board spare part number. see the white label on the system board that shipped with the server.
- Power down the server
- Disconnect each power cord from the power source.
- Disconnect each power cord from the server.
- Remove the server from the rack
- Remove the access panel
- Remove all power supplies.
- If installed, remove the FBWC capacitor pack
- Remove the air baffle
- Remove the PCI riser cage
- Remove the fans
- Disconnect all cables connected to the system board
- Remove the cache module
- Remove the FlexibleLOM
- Remove all DIMMs
- Remove the heatsink
- Remove the processor
- Remove the failed system board.
To Replace the System Board
- Align the HP DL360p Gen8 Motherboard on the tray. and tighten the thumbscrew to secure it.
- Open each of the processor. locking levers in the order indicated. and then open the processor retaining bracket.
- Install the processor. Verify that the processor is fully seated. in the processor retaining bracket by visually inspecting. the processor installation guides. on either side of the processor. THE PINS ON THE SYSTEM BOARD ARE VERY FRAGILE AND EASILY DAMAGED.
- Close the processor retaining bracket. When the processor is installed properly inside the processor.
- retaining bracket. the processor retaining bracket clears. the flange on the front of the socket.
- Press and hold the processor. retaining bracket in place, and then close each processor locking lever.
- Press only in the area indicated. on the processor retaining bracket.
- Install the processor socket cover onto.the processor socket of the failed system board.
- Clean the old thermal grease from the heatsink. and the top of the processor.with the alcohol swab.
- Allow the alcohol. to evaporate before continuing.
- Apply all the grease. to the top of the processor. in the following pattern to ensure even distribution.
- Remove the thermal interface protective. cover from the heatsink.
- Install the heatsink, aligning the guide pins and cutouts. on the front of the heatsink.
- Install all components. removed from the failed system board.
- Install the access panel.
- Slide the server into the rack.
- Connect each power cord to the server.
- Connect each power cord to the power source.
- Power up the server.